This National Training will be held in Washington, DC from August 21 - 23, 2019. Please find the Rules of Behavior, In Kind Letter and Agenda in the links above. We anticipate offering ASHA and AAA Continuing Education Units for the National Seminars (up to 10 credits).
Complimentary accommodations provided by ReSound for duration of training. ReSound will cover the cost of airfare, transportation to and from travel hub on arrival and departure days, hotel and meal costs associated with training days only. Hotel reservations will be made by ReSound on your behalf. If you plan to extend your stay, please contact Brian Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will assist you with your reservations.
Things To Do in Washington, DC
- Head out to one of the city’s famed museums! - The Newseum, International Spy Museum, United States Holocaust Museum, Natural History, National Air and Space – just to name a few!
- State Capitol Tour* - *Tip: Contact your State Representative or Senator before your trip as many have free, small staff-lead tours of the US Capitol
- White House Tour
- National Mall tour of Monuments - Visit some of the country’s most well-known monuments including World War II, Washington Monument and Abraham Lincoln.
- National Harbor - Located along the Potomac River, the harbor boasts dining, shops and a Ferris wheel with water views.
- Arlington National Cemetery - Explore on your own or join one of the group tours to visit sites including President John F. Kennedy gravesite, U.S. Coast Guard Memorial, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Ford’s Theatre - The site of Lincoln's assassination, Ford's Theatre offers museum exhibits, live theatre and immersive learning.
- Walking Tour and Shopping in Georgetown - The city’s oldest neighborhood boasts over 100 restaurants, independent boutiques, waterfront and a self-guided Kennedy walking tour that includes visiting the booth at Martin’s Tavern where John F. Kennedy proposed in 1953.
- Eastern Market - Located on Capitol Hill, is both a farmers market and flea market is a must-visit for lovers of fresh, locally sourced food and drink, and arts and crafts lovers.
- River Cruise - Head out on a narrated cruise to see the city’s monuments and landmarks.